Monday, January 28, 2008

How to Create Cupcake Mosaics


Hi my name is Christine. My friend Marika and I make cupcake mosaics. What is a cupcake mosaic, you ask? Stay tuned- we'll show you. But - first thing first- before you can make beautiful mosaics, you need to be able to make pretty cupcakes. This little tool, a mechanical pastry bag- is a must have. Mine came from Williams Sonoma, and I love it. I previously have owned two other different brands, both I found very hard to use- this one has been fabulous! I use the large tips, and it makes a professional looking cupcake, a "piece of cake"! Different mosaics will use different size pans, but I like using a mini muffin pan for most of our patterns. The one I have is from Williams Sonoma, and is larger than some others that I have used. One cake mix makes 48 cupcakes instead of 24, so it is "half size". Williams Sonoma also sells liners for them- which you can also find at cake supply stores.

4 comments:

Deborah Gamble said...

The picture of you is great! I love that you are really good at getting stains out of carpet :-)

christine said...

It's true- that is my talent. The picture is a crop of one where I am holding Ethan :)

Michal said...

christine never freaks out when one of my potty training kids has an accident on her beautiful designer carpets. she just always pushes me aside and says, "don't worry. i'm an expert at getting things out of carpets!"
it is a talent that i wish i possessed. i like having friends who are more talented than i--i always hope it will rub off on me!

Anonymous said...

Loved your first blog. Mom, who also lives in Roseville, fired her house cleaner because she spilled bleach on her new carpet. As an expert in removing stains from carpet, any suggestions for, dear old Mom?
P.S. going to be in the area end of March. Would love to visit.